Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps, is a book that I want to highlight among all the books I read in 2020.
It is a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ book!
The overall idea of Accelerate is to find how engineering practices affect companies' performance and the well-being of their employees.
It has three different parts:
- The first part What we found is practical.
- The second part The research is more theoretical: explains the science behind the book.
- The third part Transformation is a case study.
I’ve been more interested in the first part because is the part that will tell you what kind of team or teams you have, and what you should implement and meassure to be a hig performance team/organization.
The chapters of the first part are:
- What we measure
- What should we do to succeed. Key capabilities
- Measuring Software Delivery Performance
- Measuring and Changing Culture
- Technical Practices
- Making work sustainable
- Leaders and Managers
If you work on development (as a developer, manager or C level) you should read this book.